2019 Camp FUEL
Early Bird Registration begins January 17 and continues through February 28.
Session 1: June 10 – June 20 (Monday – Thursday)
Session 2: June 24 – July 3 (Monday – Thursday, week 1; Monday – Wednesday, week 2)
Session 3: July 8 – July 18 (Monday – Thursday)
Each summer we are revved up to offer Camp FUEL – a camp for adolescents with disabilities and special needs who are ages 11 – 17 years old. As a participant, your child will benefit from Fun and Unique Experiential Learning activities at Camp FUEL. From skill building and special guests, to field trips and peer mentoring, we’ll be sure to get your child revved up and excited about engaging in camp!
Individuals who will benefit from Camp FUEL should meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to participate independently as part of a small group (8-10 peers) during camp activities and on field trips with minimal support from staff
- Must be able to follow and complete 1-2 step directions easily
- Must be able to communicate his/her wants and needs
- Must be able to tolerate new environments and crowds within the community with minimal support from staff
- Must be able to be transported safely via staff members’ personal vehicles (i.e., refrain from distracting the driver, unbuckling seatbelt, etc.)
- Must be able to toilet independently or with minimal support from staff
- Must not demonstrate physically aggressive behavior towards others (i.e., biting, hitting, throwing, kicking, etc.)
- Must not be a flight risk