Each summer we are revved up to offer Camp FUEL – a camp for adolescents with disabilities and special needs who are ages 11 – 17 years old. As a participant, your child will benefit from Fun and Unique Experiential Learning activities at Camp FUEL. From skill building and special guests, to field trips and peer mentoring, we’ll be sure to get your child revved up and excited about engaging in camp!
Notice about Camp FUEL 2020
It is with great disappointment that we are posting notification of the cancellation of Camp FUEL 2020. In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, we made the difficult decision to cancel our traditional camps for the summer of 2020. It is with sincere regret that we had to make this decision, but we did so because we value the well being of every camper.
At Easterseals Crossroads, we understand the importance of Camp FUEL and what it means to our campers and their families. We know that our Camp FUEL promotes independence and growth for our participants, while providing valuable respite for our campers’ families.
Watch for more information about Camp FUEL in January 2021!
Individuals who will benefit from Camp FUEL should meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to participate independently as part of a small group (8-10 peers) during camp activities and on field trips with minimal support from staff
- Must be able to follow and complete 1-2 step directions easily
- Must be able to communicate his/her wants and needs
- Must be able to tolerate new environments and crowds within the community with minimal support from staff
- Must be able to be transported safely via staff members’ personal vehicles (i.e., refrain from distracting the driver, unbuckling seatbelt, etc.)
- Must be able to toilet independently or with minimal support from staff
- Must not demonstrate physically aggressive behavior towards others (i.e., biting, hitting, throwing, kicking, etc.)
- Must not be a flight risk