Easterseals Crossroads’ Board of Directors has just announced that David Dreith has been confirmed as the new CEO/President. Current CEO J. Patrick Sandy is retiring on April 3, 2020, after 22 years with the agency and the last 7 as CEO.
“It is with great confidence that I welcome David Dreith to Easterseals Crossroads. His commitment and experience make him a terrific choice to further our reputation as a leading resource for people with disabilities and guide the agency into a new era of leadership,” said Sandy.
Dreith brings a vast amount of experience to the position and the agency is looking forward to the next chapter in its history. Dreith has been the chief operating officer at Easterseals Greater Cincinnati and has led the entrepreneurial environment there with its social enterprise efforts that have provided training for more than 12,000 individuals served annually. As COO, he oversaw all agency and social enterprise services since joining them in 2000. Dreith is fully committed to the Easterseals purpose of empowering people with disabilities and disadvantages to more fully live, learn, work and play in our community.
“I look forward to building on the legacy and reputation of Easterseals Crossroads as the go-to place for people with disabilities. I am committed to joining the staff who day in, day out make Indianapolis and central Indiana a great place for all,” said Dreith.
Dreith has been instrumental in the following initiatives for Easterseals Greater Cincinnati
- He served as a team member in the business planning and launch of Building Value in 2004, a used building materials resale store and deconstruction enterprise that provides on-the-job training to those looking to start careers in construction. (www.buildingvalue.org)
- He led the conversion of a production enterprise in 2011 to a global fulfillment and logistics enterprise that primarily serves the clinical trials industry. This business employs people with disabilities and disadvantages at competitive wage rates and assists others in launching careers in manufacturing and logistics.
- He played a key role in the combination of Easterseals Work Resource Center and Jewish Vocational Services in 2012, a merger that doubled the size and impact of the previous two organizations.
- He led the creation of Operation Vets THRIVE in 2013, which includes employment and emergency services for veterans as they transition from the military into civilian life. In the first 18 months of this project, ESTS led a community convening of veteran services providers that resulted in a report and a road map for aligning community resources and serving veterans using best practices.
- He is a founding Board member and Vice Chair of the Social Enterprise Alliance, Greater Cincinnati Region, and he was part of the team that founded the Tristate Veteran Community Alliance in 2015.
Dreith holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University, and he is a graduate of Leadership Action Class 2 (2016) and C-Change Class 4 (2009) of the Cincinnati Regional Chamber USA. He volunteers with the Interfaith Hospitality Network, and he is an avid open water swimmer. He enjoys spending time with his wife and two children.
Easterseals Crossroads is proud to have David Dreith join the Easterseals Crossroads team in Indianapolis.