Easter Seals Crossroads has joined #GivingTuesday, a first of its kind effort that will harness the collective power of a unique blend of partners—charities, families, businesses and individuals—to transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season.
Taking place on Tuesday, December 2 - the Tuesday after Thanksgiving - #GivingTuesday will harness the power of social media to create a national moment around the holidays dedicated to giving, similar to how Black Friday and Cyber Monday have become days that are, today, synonymous with holiday shopping.
This year, Easter Seals Crossroads asks that you consider one of the following options to help us make a difference in central Indiana. During our last fiscal year, we were proud to recognize the abilities of over 5,700 children and adults with disabilities, special needs and challenges thanks to your support.
How you can make a difference
1. Volunteer - During the last fiscal year, our volunteers served 10,709 hours with us, resulting in a savings of $230,887.98 to our bottom line. From Friday evening respite care to fixing computers in the INDATA Depot, volunteers are incredibly valuable to our organization. 8 different opportunities are currently listed on our website - contact Tessa Barnard, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com to learn more about individual and group events.
2. Purchase a Holiday Ornament - 2014 marks the 25th year for our limited edition, gold-on-brass ornaments with various landmarks of Indianapolis. This year, our ornament highlights the Indianapolis City Market. For only $15.00, this ornament is a holiday gift that gives back this season and can be purchase online at http://www.eastersealscrossroads.org/holiday-ornament.
3. Shop on Amazon.com - Easter Seals Crossroads can benefit from every purchase you make at Amazon.com. Next time you make a purchase, visit http://smile.amazon.com and enter Easter Seals Crossroads. Our dba name will appear - Crossroads Rehabilitation Center, Inc. - click to select it. Once you are logged in to your Amazon.com account, 0.5 percent of your purchases will be routed to Easter Seals Crossroads.
4. Host an Event - Are you a part of a business, church or school group or service organization looking for a way to give back? Host an event on our behalf such as a car wash, bake sale, bingo night or fun run and donate a portion of the proceeds to Easter Seals Crossroads. Contact Sara Croft at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, or simply make a donation after your event is over by mailing a check or making an online payment.
5. Lace Up Those Shoes and Run! - Are you an active runner who enjoys participating in fun runs, 5K's, half or full marathons? Create a fundraising page on FirstGiving, an online platform that makes it easy to solicit and accept donations on our behalf. Individuals who raise a certain amount of money are eligible to receive discounts or free entry to the race they are fundraising with. Contact Sara Croft at email@example.com to discuss which race you are participating in and what your fundraising goal would be to receive those incentives.
6. Consider an Online Donation - If you are unable to give your time or lend your creativity through events, consider an online PayPal donation. Easter Seals Crossroads is a sound investment - view our recently released 2014 Annual Report to discover our financials and read the stories of the children and adults we serve. Giving a little can mean a lot:
$50 provides books, DVD's and software materials for our Autism Family Resource Center
$150 provides a physical therapy evaluation for a child
$300 gives a senior in our community a driving assessment
$500 provides six months of enrichment activities for our Adult Day Services
Checks may be mailed to Easter Seals Crossroads, ATTN: Donation, 4740 Kingsway Drive, Indianapolis IN 46205. Online donations can be made through our secure PayPal website here: http://www.eastersealscrossroads.org/donate.
7. Give an In-Kind Gift - Many of our programs accept regular in-kind donations. If you are giving the gift of a new computer this year, consider donating the older laptop or desktop to the INDATA Depot. New toys and children's books are always useful for our 2nd floor lobby waiting area. If you are a business owner, we accept donations of gift cards and gift baskets for our annual Bingo Bonanza and Hallow's Eve events. In-kind gifts may be dropped off with our first floor lobby receptionist Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Our ability to deliver much-needed services throughout the year is greatly enhanced by the generous support of like-minded businesses, organizations and individuals. Thank you for helping us make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities, special needs and challenges in central Indiana.